Followers

Friday, February 19, 2010

FOOD

There are so many foods from Texas that I miss.  I never thought that just moving to Minnesota the food choices would change.  There are many that we can't wait to try but so many that I miss. 
  • Mexican Food- I miss this more than any other food!!!  Yes, there are mexican restaurants here and no we have not tried them but there is no way that they will compare to what we have in Texas.  As soon as I get to come and visit I will eat Mexican food for more than one meal.  We do have Chipolte which is semi-mexican food so I guess that will have to work for now.  I have already eaten there twice in 3 weeks.
  • Chicken fried Steak- For some reason they do not have this anywhere we have been.  A good steak is even hard to find.  We do have Outbacks so I guess when we want a steak we will have to go there.  I miss Texas Roadhouse!
  • Donuts- We have not been able to try anywhere for donuts because there is only one place in Bloomington.  We need to try it so that way we can know if we have to give up our love for them.  They have Krispy Kreme in this part but we don't like them!!
  • BisKits- this is what I make our waffle batter out of.  I have become pretty addicted to it.  Of course it is made in TX so there is none here.  I had to have my mom send us some, although she tried to talk me into just using Bisquick but I couldn't do it.
There are lots of restaurants around that we want to try so I will have to update ya'll on the local restaurants that we like.  This weekend Andrew wants to try a local Gyro shop, I have never had one so this could be interesting.

*******Now I need to get Andrew on board for a trip to TX so I can get my food fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment