Followers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reality Check

I have no problem admitting that I have had a reality check the last few months.  Working at the daycare has been it.  But I am happy to announce that those days are coming to an end.  As of Thursday I gave my two week notice and I couldn't be happier.  I will miss the kids although there are tons of things about the job that I will not miss. Working at the daycare has taught me many things.  One being that I love kids but I was not getting paid enough to raise someone elses.  Two being that it is very hard to work for someone that has no education and is not professional.  Three being that when and if our children attend a daycare to really research it and respect the people that work there and are caring for our children. 

I have taken a position at a MH facility.  I will be doing about the same thing I was doing in TX and I am so excited to be getting back into the field.  I officially start the last Monday of the month.  I have two days of training in another town, which I am also excited about because it is a town that I have not been to yet. 

Needless to say I had an idea that the daycare was not going to be long-term but I was trying to make the best of it.  We want to have a family soon and there was just no way that by working there it could happen.  The $$$$$$$$$$ was not there and after working with kids all day there is no way I could come home and care for my own.  I have said many prayers hoping that I have made the right decision and I really feel that I have.  I discuss with Andrew regularly that since we have moved so far away from our norm it is only fair that we both LOVE our careers.  I did love what I did in TX so that is helping me with the decision that I made. 

The Dykes' family will be here in 3 days.  We have the house ready for the tornado to hit!!  I can't wait to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment