Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

1 year ago

One year ago today we were completely slapped in the face.  I went for my regularly scheduled OB appointment and for my glucose screening.  The appointment started off fine.  I drank the nasty drink and waited.  Then the fun began.  They took my BP and it was high. So my Dr checked me out and then monitored our baby for a while and continued to check my BP.  Needless to say my BP wasn't going down. So...........  they sent me to the nearest hospital to be monitored closer for a few hours.  I called Andrew crying and couldn't call my mom because I was crying too hard.  Andrew and I met at the hospital and I got monitored for a few hours and we were sent on our way.  At my follow up appointment bed rest was mentioned but I just thought my Dr was crazy.  Fast forward to the next week, Andrew is going to Tx to go hunting one last time before baby and my parents were coming to town to take care of me and prepare the baby's room.  I have another appointment while my parents are here and the dreaded bed rest becomes reality.  Nothing has improved, BP is still high!!!!!!!!  I am monitored again and told that this will become a weekly thing and may deliver as early as 34 weeks, be put in the hospital for steroid shots and will not be able to deliver at our planned hospital due to me now being high risk.  Wow, so much to take in!!!!!!  Thankfully my parents are here during this time but of course Andrew is gone!!!!!  So I have another follow up appointment on that following Tuesday that my mom refuses to miss.  So Andrew is now back and mom and I go to the Dr and I was immediately sent to the hospital for the shots.  Another rush of emotions!!!!!!!  It really wasn't so bad but soooooooo Thankful that my mom was here.  It was a quick 48 hours and then I was sent home on very strict bed rest.  Fun Times!!!!!  So back to the weekly appointments of tests and BP checks.  When this all began I told my Dr that I would NOT deliver before 37 weeks.  She looked at me like I was crazy but I knew my baby was not going to spend any time in the NICU.  We did have a few little scares and hospital stay but we made it.  Wow crazy to think how much we have to be Thankful for.  It was horrible at the time but more than worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment