Followers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lost his Mind

Husband has officially lost his mind. Estate sales/War memorabilia has taken over his life. You all know that estate sales are a HUGE part of our lives. Well now husband has started looking on Craigslist and EBay for goodies. To many this probably sounds pretty innocent. Well last weekend I was taking a nap(due to my late night the night before) and was woken by him being on the phone and planning a meeting. Come to find out he had made plans to meet a man in a Best Buy parking lot to buy a uniform. So we buy a uniform and head on our way. Ok, this probably isn't too bad, right??? Well earlier this week I catch him taking pictures of some little metal wings he purchased a few weekends ago. I ask him what in the h**# he is doing and he states he is sending them to his friend on EBay. Then I giggle and say your friend, huh? He says yes my friend. I explain to him that he does not know this person and probably never will! Well I am talikng to my mom the other night about this problem my husband has and she brought something really important to my attention. No matter if he is a man or not he/we need to be careful when meeting these strangers. So we talked and will take the meeting part a little more serious next time. BUT the scary part is Husband really thinks of these people as his friends, bless his little heart!! Example-he called me last night on his way home excited as could be because he had talked to his "friend" and found out the date of his wings. So he has decided to sale his wings!!!! Hopefully this is just a spell he is going thru and it will end soon! Not sure I want him to make many more "friends"!!!

Another issue we always discuss is where he would have housed all of these things if we still lived in Midland. He doesn't really have an answer. Now he does have a room/office that he is able to put everything in. Many of you are probably asking if I will ever put a stop to it due to space/time. The honest answer is at this time NO. I know one reason that this has consumed his life is due to him not being able to hunt as much as he would like. I know that he truly Loves hunting but I do think he does really enjoy the "hunt" at a sale. And then about the space, I am a dreamer and I hope that our next home will be even bigger than our current one and so we should have plenty of space(even if our family grows!!!!)

Of course we have an estate sale to go to tomorrow that has war stuff.
Hopefully this weekend I can take some pictures of some goodies that we have bought. We don't have a busy weekend but will busy Sunday with the BIG game!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment