Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Henry's Birth Day

Again this post is more for me than anything.  I am not sure I will be able to remember the details if I wait much longer.
So the plan from about the week before which would have been the week of December 19 the Dr decided to induce on December 28.  I was in the hospital some of this week due to high blood pressure so as long as it would stay down or around the same his arrival date would be 12/28/11.  On Christmas day Andrew and I went to the hospital for what would be my last sonogram.  My fluids had dropped to about half of what they were earlier in the week but the Dr on call was more comcerned about my BP.  Happily we were sent home to have our last Christmas as just a couple and to relax.  On Monday my mom flew in and helped with some things around the house.  Tuesday Andrew went to work, and mom went to the grocery store and then I had a Dr's appointment.  At the Dr's appointment I told my mom that I would Love to be at a 3 or a 4.  I was so happy when I was checked and the nurse practitioner reported that I was indeed what I wanted to be.  My BP was also better than it had been in a few weeks.  Things were looking good!!!!!!!!!!  We were originally scheduled to be induced at noon but was told at my appointment but it was then changed to 6 a.m.  I was happy about this, the sooner the better.  So we go home and have a delicious dinner and go to bed to prepare for the early morning. the nurse had told me to take something to help me sleep, needless to say I did not need anything as I was really NOT nervous.

Wednesday morning my alarm goes off at 4:30 and I get up ready for the BIG day.  I get more ready than I had in months.  It sure did feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We arrived and the hospital and the fun began.  They first started pitocin and watching my BP.  Of course my BP did not want to cooperate so I was put on Magnesium Sulfate.  WOW, that stuff is crazy.  Some points are blury, but for the most part it was not as bad as I had heard.  The worst part was how hot it makes you.  It is bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mom and Andrew still talk about how cold I had the room.  Andrew wore his coat during delivery.  To make them warmer I decided we should all guess his arrival time and weight.  I was closest with his time(1:00 and he arrived at 1:09) and dad with his weight(6.7 and he weighed 6.2)  So my Dr was suppose to be there around 10 to break my water, the nurse had suggested that I get my epidural before that because the Dr thought I would come fast.  Well..............  at about 10:30 I decide to get my epidural, and during it my Dr comes in.  After the epidural is started my Dr breaks my water and the real contractions begin.  About 12:30 my regular nurse goes to eat her lunch and a different nurse comes in to check on me and see's the look on my face and says it is not normal.  She then checks me and says that I am ready.  By the time they got everything ready and the Dr got there I was ready to go.  I pushed 4 rounds with 3 pushes each and he arrived.  Andrew DID stay in the room although he didn't think he would be able to, while grandma had to step out but was back very quickly.  Andrew and mom could not believe how quickly he came.  But Andrew sure was thankful!!!!!  As soon as he came out I stated that I was ready to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And then the nausea began.  I became very sick to my stomach, I could not open my eyes or hold my baby.  Thankfully Andrew took care of Hen and my mom helped me.  I got sick to my stomach and then I was good to go.  The nurse said I had been given lots of meds in a short time which is probably what made me sick.  Whatever it was it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to say that we were medically cleared after leaving the hospital but that would be a lie.  We were dismissed on Friday and had to go to the Dr on Sat for Henry and his jaundice.  It seemed like his first week of life he got his heel picked everyday.  Poor Guy!!!!!!!  Then when I went for a BP check on Tuesday I was sent to the ER for my heart skipping a beat and really high BP.  Needless to say nothing major was wrong with my heart it was just that my electrolytes were super low which was what was causing the skip.  Needless to say at the ER I was an emotional basketcase and shed many tears.  I was away from Hen for 6 hours and miserable.  I will admit that I am having major seperation issues that I need to work on since I will be going back to work in a few weeks.  BUT we both seem to be doing better medically and enjoying our time as a family. I LOVE my two boys and am so thankful for them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment