Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Done, Done and Done

Found a house- Check
Find daycare for baby- Check
Buy all new furniture plus accessories- Check

So Hen's and I's little vacation to Texas is over!!!!!!!!!!  We had an amazing but busy time.  We loved the party, he just sat in his stroller and watched all of the big kids have a ball.  My mom and sister in law can plan some parties.  It was super hot but the kids barely noticed.

Sunday my parents and I went to Midland to start the house hunt.  Man was it funny!!!!  Our realtor(which I love) is more redneck than my husband!!!!!!  One of the houses had more cats living in it than I do family members.  One was was just crazy.  And then we had  two top contenders.  So the first house I saw I thought was the perfect house.   We saw it first and then looked at junk, then went back to the first one and double checked everything and then decided we would look at just one more.  I am so thankful we did.  Ends up that we saved the best for last.  I am in LOVE with our first home.  It is so us!!!!!!!!!!!  It has an updated kitchen which I love, 2 living areas and  an amazing master bath.  And then 4 bedrooms one for Andrew and I, one for Andrew's crazy military stuff, one for the baby and then one to spare.  We are getting new carpet in the bedrooms and have a little painting to do but over all its pretty move in ready which we needed.  I can't wait for Andrew to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 more weeks and we will officially be Texans.  Andrew got a  ton packed up this weekend so we don't have much left to do here.  It will be here before we know it and now that we have a house it seems much more real.

Thank you Mom and Dad for all of your help.  I couldn't have done it without ya'll.  You helped so much with Hen and helped me pick out the perfect house.  Thanks a ton.

I found Hen a temporary and then a permanent daycare.  He will start in January at one and then go to another in November.  I know November seems so far away but  it will go by quickly and it will be an important time in his life so we are excited about the permanent daycare.

I also found a new couch(needed a new one since we will have 2 living areas), lamps, recliner and lots of other goodies.  Now we just have to get there so mom and I can decorate!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to be close to friends and family.  You all MUST come visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We are sooo excited that the Van Bakels are coming back to Texas. Also so excited that you found a home you love. Can't wait to visit Henry (and you and Andrew) there. Please send some pics. Glad you had time with your family and accomplished so much! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on finding a home!! I am sure it is perfect. We can't wait to visit and vice versa :)

    ReplyDelete