Followers

Friday, April 16, 2010

I HEART Andrew J. Van Bakel

Our two year anniversary is next Monday and since we won't be home I thought I would go ahead and dedicate this post to my great husband. 

January 200?  my roomate/best friend had a 21st birthday party.  Many people came that I did not know, Andrew being one of them.  I got so drunk that there are many events that I do not remember.  But this was the first time we met. For the next few weeks/months Andrew and his roomates became our great friends and we went to the bar together every Thursday night.  We never really talked, did not flirt (Andrew is not the flirty type- I know this now!)  Fast forward to April and me doing some really stupid things that we will not mention on here and Andrew getting frustrated with me.  I am so thankful he did.  Anyways I do something smart STUPID and he gets frustrated and confesses his feelings for me- mind you on instant messaging!  Anyways something clicked in my brain and to make up for my stupidity to him I cooked him hamburgers that night.  The first meal I ever made for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyways things progressed very quickly slowly from then.  With it being April and school almost over he left shortly to go and work with the air conditioning company and was gone for days at a time.  We spent many nights just talking on the phone for hours.  School started again and we were dating.  We took Intro to Rock and Roll together, which was awful.  Then we started hitting a bumpy road.  We then decided it would be neat to see how nice mean we could be to each other and how many times we could break up and get back together.  GRANTED I would not change one minute of it cause I don't think we would be where we are today if we hadn't had our challenges. 

Fast Forward to today and here we are.  Married for two years, going on our second honeymoon, living in a new state, living in our perfect first home and experiencing new things everyday.  I cannot imagine my life without him.  He is the greatest husband and loves me for me.  I cannot wait to see what our future holds considering we have had a pretty exciting past. 

I LOVE YOU ANDREW J. VAN BAKEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. very cute kristin! does andrew read your blog? have a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me cry...but mostly anything does lately! you two are some of my abosolute favs! have fun in mexico and relax for me too! :)

    abbye

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific and I see a long, beautiful future for the two of you!!! Miss you, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe we are who we are because of our past expriences. We learn from them. I wish you and Andrew continued happiness in the future especially with new roles as parents!

    Love you
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete