Followers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Estate Sales

I LOVE Estate Sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I do not know where I get this love from because neither of my parents like them.  But thank goodness the man I married loves them as much as I do.  I have been going to them  for about a year.  It all started in Midland one day while I was bored I went to one and found some great vintage name brand clothes and I have been hooked ever since.  I have been to a few in MN but have not been impressed.  But this week while looking on Craigslist- sidenote Craigslist is really popular here- I found one that was huge and had tons of vintage name brands.  So early Saturday morning Andrew and I ventured out to it.  It was great although all of the really good stuff was already gone but we both got some other goodies.  So it was not a waste.  We then went to another one where we both also got something.  I got a vintage Gucci bag that I have been going crazy over and Andrew is sick of hearing about.  This is the second GREAT purse I have gotten at an Estate Sale.  Andrew got a military book from Childress,TX.  Random that we would find something so far from home.  Also we are both very HAPPY with the house that we are currently living in but fell in love with the house that the last sale was at.  Yes, we do live on a lake but this house had a river on three sides.  It was a very old home but had been taken care of.  It was amazing and I told Andrew I wanted to stay there all day.


After the sales we went to his work to shampoo the carpets.  BORING!!!  It is not what I wanted to do.  We went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant and found a lake and trail that we walked and really enjoyed.  It was really a shock to find this lake due to it being in the middle of a good shopping area.  It was a really good evening. 


Today we have done housework  and yard work.  We are preparing for visitors.  I made banana nut bread and going to make fried pies for dessert tonight.  Hope they turn out. 


We will be in TX SOON and I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!  I am going to eat, eat, eat and visit my family the whole time.  I cannot wait.  I also just made plans today to visit my BFF that will hopefully had her new baby, I can't wait to see mom and baby.  I hope to also be able to see many of you that read my blog!!!!!!  Yes, I know there are not many that read it :)!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about what you guys are up to there in Minnesota! When are you coming to TX? -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we get to see you guys when you come. I am going to mention it to Tyler tonight but will need Andrew's help convincing him. Miss you!!

    Your avid reader: Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. can we see pics of your new finds?

    :)

    ReplyDelete