Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Never the same day twice

Many people do not know/understand what I do for a living. I work with the mentally ill homeless and then I also work with just people who have mental illness/disability. For the MI homeless I try to help them find more permanent housing and find other resources available. For the mentally ill I help them with daily living tasks. Many things that a normal person would not need help with(budgeting,grocery shopping and reading through mail).

Never do I do the same thing 2 days in a row. For example this week I have:
Monday- I took one client to the phone store to try to get a new phone and return something. Both were unsuccessful. We then went to meet with another one of her workers(who did not want to meet with her so again unsuccessful!) We then went to the library for her to check her facebook. She cannot do this alone. I then took her back home.
My next client I took her to the tobacco shop and to get something to eat. She is a very easy client and I really enjoy her!!!

Tuesday-I took a homeless client to feel out the paperwork for her to get a housing voucher(this a whole other story!!) And then we went and found her an apartment. Once I have her housed I will hopefully never see her again.
I then met with a kid and we went to Game Stop, Dollar Tree and to the grocery store. He is my newest client but definetly not my worst.

Wednesday-i met with a client and we went to Kohl's and ate at IHOP. Me and this client could just sit and talk for hours.she was in a very traumatic car work and has a brain injury. She really should write a book because her life is amazing/crazy!!
I then had another lady and we went and searched the internet at the library and bought tickets for us to go to a Twin's game.

Thursday- I have a client that is getting new carpet in her apartment so I had to help her box up and move things. We also went to the grocery store and to eat lunch.
And as we speak I am sitting with a client while he spends time with his girlfriend. Yes it sounds weird and trust me it is beyond weird!! I hate Thursday evenings. I love the $$$$$ but I would much rather be home with husband.

Tomorrow- I have to take one of my MI/disabled clients to look at an apartment. Then I have to take one of my kids to a meeting to hopefully get him back in school. Then take another client to the grocery store. And somehow fit in time to stopp at the homeless shelter.

I love my job. Somedays are better than others. Who can get paid to go to a Twin's game? It is completely different than what I did in TX but I don't really think I will ever go back to working with kids. I like the conversations I have with these adults better than the ones I had with the kids.

No one asked what I do for a living but I am bored out of mind(while at work)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment