Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hospital Stay #1

Oh the joys of pregnancy. Who would have ever thought our journey would be this exciting.

So I have been in the hospital since Tuesday afternoon. I went to my Dr's appointment and was told I had more protein in my urine than I did 2 weeks before so she thought that Steroids for our little guys lungs were the best best. They recommend the shots before 32 weeks so we were cutting it very close. Thankfully my mom was with me as I had a minor breakdown. We went home to pack a bag and made it to the hospital. -SideNote- we had to change hospitals due to me now being high risk. Well this has sent BD into a complete tizzy!!! The original hospital was just minutes from the house and now this one is about 10 minutes and in a totally different neighborhood. Him and change could make you go crazy!!!!
Anyways mom and I got to the hospital,got checked in and I was given my first dose of steroids. I was really dreading that shot in my butt but it was not bad at all. BD finally made it to the hospital and we ordered pizza and watched our normal Tuesday TV. My mom stayed the night with me as I don't think I could have made her leave. Wednesday my blood pressure continued to improve and when the monitored Henry he of course was doing great. I got my last dose of roids around 5:30. BD made it from work much easier this time and we had Chinese and watched TV. My Dr is suppose to make rounds early Thursday morning and I am hoping to be discharged. My visit has been great with amazing nursing staff but I am ready to be home and not be back for at least 5 weeks. I am going home and laying on the couch/bed for the next few weeks. This stay has made me realize that bedrest does change things. I am dying to meet my little guy but he needs to stay in my tummy a few more weeks to ensure we are both healthy.

Notice the timing of this post- I must be getting on mommy time!!
Thanks for all the prayers and texts!! We need all the support we can get right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment