Followers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Still Hanging In There

Still on bedrest.  I officially start my 6th week tomorrow.  Like I have said from the beginning this has been the hardest week and it was that for sure.  I went to my weekly appointment on Tuesday with everything looking great or so I thought.  Thursday I got a call from my Dr's office stating that my blood work looked stable.  Not even 3 minutes later my phone rang again and it was my Dr and she stated that my paltelets were dropping and instead of going to her office on Friday for my sono that I needed to go the hospital so I could have blood drawn and get the results in an hour.  So Friday I go to the hospital and have the test run and am told that my platelets are still dropping but nothing too major at this point and to just make my regular scheduled appointment on Tuesday.  But wait, while the nurse is telling me this my Dr calls back and decides I need to come back on Sunday for blood work to make sure I'm still ok.  So it was a long 2 days wondering if we would be having a baby today.  Well good news of the week we are happily sitting at home.  We went this morning and had my blood work done and got to hear Henry's heartbeat and him have an episode of the hickups.  Thankfully my platelets came back 1 point better than they were on Friday.  Not sure how that happend but just thankful it did.  So here we are back at home just hoping to keep Henry baking as long as possible.  I go back on Tuesday for more blood work and have to turn in a 24 hour urine.  These test always make me super nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Have I mentioned how much fun being pregnant is?!?!?!?!?!?  And how often I have the thoughts of how will I ever do this again?  Lets get serious I am only getting older and that just increases your chances of problems. How could I have any more than I have already had.  I have a feeling Henry will be here before the first of the year due to my health.  I am kind of okay with this because it has been one HELL of a year with my health.  I am beyond blessed to have this little guy in our lives and know that we were given this experience to make us stronger.  Although it is hard to understand now I know that one day we will look back at this and laugh, especially after I have a few drinks!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had a good weekend of pretty much doing nothing. Well I did nothing and BD did stuff.  Yesterday he cleaned our bathroom like it has never been cleaned before.  We watched Hangover 2 which we both really liked and I really needed.  Unfortunately BD ordered some War movies a while back and got them on Friday so he has been watching them throughout the weekend and WOW they are Boring.  But regardless it was a good weekend and could be our last childless weekend!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment