Followers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Couvade Syndrome

Otherwise known as “sympathetic pregnancy” symptoms that can seem very real. Some studies suggest that about 20 percent of expectant fathers experience some degree of couvade — and other researchers report an even higher percentage.

This is exactly what BD is experiencing right now.  Bless his little heart.  He would die if he knew I took the time to look this up but I have been meaning to make this post for a while.  He has been eating way more than me and craves specific things.  This all started very early in the pregnancy.  An example is the day we found out that we were having a little boy, I wanted Chili dogs and got so he insisted that we have chinese cause that's what he wanted.  There were some episodes before this one but due to me being pregnant I can't remember them.  Well this weekend it happend AGAIN twice.  First was Sat. while I was at JL I told him that when I got home we would have a hotdog for lunch, mind you I had just fed him before I left.  While at JL I got a text asking if I wanted to pick him up something to eat, well I didn't respond fast enough and he had to get him something for himself.  When I got home he informed me that he got so hundgry that he was shaking.  REALLY???????  He had just eaten and had plenty coffee.  Drama.  Well then as time went on he informed me that he needed pizza the next day and it had to be Pizza Hut.  Of course I obliged since it meant I didn't have to cook.  I did ask him if maybe next time around I can be the pregnant one.  Oh how I LOVE this crazy man I call BD!!!!!!

I have such bad heartburn right now that I think I might die.  I know it will be worth it in the end but for now I want to complain!!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter what I eat.  I have searched the web for help and looking for it anywhere.  Hopefully this too will subside as well as BD's food cravings.

Our wonderful friends the Baker's welcomed their little boy into the world today.  I have a feeling Kallahan and Henry will be great friends just like their dad's.  Hopefully they won't do all the awful things their dad's did.  We LOVE you Kal and can't wait to have a playdate with you before you boys are out of diapers.  Love you Baker family of 4!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment