Followers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our Journey

I know this post may be TMI for some of you but I am using this blog to post things about our growing family and want to rememeber how we came to be US.  So I don't forget I want to document how we became a family. 

So husband(he wasn't BD yet) and I began trying for a family in September 2010. Husband went to a friends wedding Labor day weekend and I went to TX to visit the family.  So of course that month was not successful.  I will admit at first I had no idea what we were doing.  Anyways we tried month after month with no success.  I was hoping to tell our families when we went to TX for Christmas but that did not work out.  Needless to say we came back home and continued to try. 5 months later- in May we had plans to go to Tx again.  The week that we were suppose to leave I was late.  Mind you I have only ever been late one other time.  So me(us) being cheap I took a pregnancy test from the Dollar Store.  Of course it came back negative.  Next day I took another.  At this point Husband had no idea this is going on although I am getting super frustrated.  So I call my nurse friend and text Heather my SIL and ask if it could have something to do with the cheap test.  Both of them responded with yes and suggested that I buy a "real" test.  So I give in and buy a name brand test.  And thankfully it was POSITIVE.  Of course I couldn't wait to tell husband.  So while I was in TX I was able to share the great news with my family and bought a few gender neutral things.  Husband being the optimistic type wanted us to wait to tell others.  That is why it took so long for many of you to find out.  This is how Henry came to be!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard to believe that this was 6  months ago and we are 2/3 of the way done!!!!!!  Starting in November I go to the Dr bi-weekly and then start weekly in December.  We also have our hospital tour in December. 

We rearranged the basement this weekend getting ready to move the bed down there for our guest.  HJ's grandma and grandad officially booked their airline tickets to come for his arrival this past week.  I hope he cooperates with their days!!!!!  The Packers are off next weekend so BD said maybe he can finish his crib.  Thank goodness the Packers are giving me my husband back for a weekend!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Take pics of the nursery the wkd that your parents are there...I wanna see :) Were y'all able to watch that awesome Tech game last night??

    ReplyDelete